Man Bursts Into Flames After Accidentally Drinking Gasoline, Lighting Cigarette – Why is it that every time we hear a story like this its never in a major city or affluent neighborhood? Hmmm, I just can’t figure out why?
This time its the city of Havelock in North Carolina.
43-year old Gary Allen Banning was at a friend’s apartment when he apparently mistook a jar of gasoline sitting by the kitchen sink for a beverage. After taking a gulp, he spit the gas out and got some on his clothes.
Sometime later, investigators say Banning went outside to smoke a cigarette and burst into flames. Banning was transported to UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill, where he died early Tuesday morning.